Book your Kruger
Terms & Conditions
Covid has changed so much about how we book and travel. We've adjusted our Terms & Conditions to be more flexible and in your best interest.
Going on Going on Safari has always been an exciting, active adventure. For this reason any guest traveling with Safaria Trading (Pty) Ltd to any of its destinations or on any of its excursions, be it Kruger National Park or any other of the Private Game Reserve, guests do so entirely at their own risk. By acceptance and payment of any Safari or Tour offered by Safaria Trading Pty Ltd and its staff, guests accept the Terms and Conditions in full. Any persons travelling with Safaria takes full responsibility and acknowledgement that Safaria Pty Ltd / trading as Safaria cannot be held liable for any loss, damages, circumstance or situation that is beyond our control that may negatively influence or affect the quality of your Safari experience, travel arrangements and transfers. Examples of this may be extreme or adverse weather conditions, road closures in the park as well as the surrounding communities, disruptive and unprofessional behavior from outside guests or patrons, uncontrollable and unforeseen changes imposed by Government, SANParks the Kruger National Park and associated Private Reserves. This also includes international travel changes imposed by and on the Republic of South Africa due to reasons of force majure, global unrest and both local and international pandemics.
*We strongly advise all guests to take out the appropriate travel insurance to cover both their travel itineraries as well as personal items whilst travelling and on safari.
We recommend our guests bring with them photographic gear to see and capture those unforgettable wildlife sightings but sadly we cannot be held liable for and damage or loss caused to any personal items particularly photographic equipment and binoculars. This also includes any personal luggage held whilst on Safari. Should any of our guests personal items be left in the vehicle we will endeavour to have it returned however the owner will be liable for any costs incurred.
In the case of a cancellation where a 3rd party, Lodge, Destination or Operator is involved, such as accommodation, flights, transfer shuttles or coaches, the prevailing Lodge, destination or Operators cancellation policy will apply and will be facilitated by Safaria. Please note that this may take several weeks.
General terms :
All Safaria rates are quoted on a per person basis unless individually specific.
A min of 2 clients unless a solo tour is booked and rate accepted.
The camps mentioned in each itinerary are based on availability at the time confirming the booking. Should an alternatives Kruger Park camp or bungalow be used, we will endeavour o ensure that it is on the same standard and quality.
A full, detailed overnight itinerary will be provided on confirmation of your safari.
It is compulsory to sign an both the Safaria and KNP indemnity form when entering the Park.
We reserve the right to change the guide at the last minute. This would only be done under exceptional circumstances but will ensure that a suitable like for like guide will be replaced.
Whilst the Kruger National Park and the surrounding reserves are Big 5 destinations we cannot guarantee and game sightings.
BOOKING PAYMENT METHODS
Option 1 – Payment made via Electronic Funds Transfer :
Guests will be provided with a proforma invoice for deposits or full payment requirement. This will include local banking details.
- Payment to be paid in ZAR Rands ( local South African currency).
- Proforma number and guest booking name to be used as reference.
- Once payment is made a confirmation email will be provided with invoice.
- All banking charges to be incurred by client.
Option 2 – Secure Credit Card Payment Link :
Guests will be provided with an email that contains a proforma invoice for deposit or full payment requirement. The email will also include a secured credit card payment link that will indicate the following :
- Payment amount indicated in ZAR Rands ( local South African currency).
- Booking details with clients name and payment reference number will be indicated on link.
- Once payment is made a confirmation email will be provided with invoice to client.
- All banking charges to be incurred by client.
For all credit card payments Safaria utilises PayBridge(Pty) Ltd which is administrated by NightsBridge (Pty) Ltd a global bookings platform and is an approved payment gateway supported by Nedbank South Africa. PayBridge provides guests peace of mind with the required industry standards of encryption, Secure Socket Layer 3 (SSL3) and no personal credit card details will be stored or cached against the link or on our Safaria website and payment gateway.
For all secure credit card payment links provided, payments are accepted by MasterCard and Visa credit card holders.
Electronic Fund Transfers are accepted directly into our Safaria bank account, guests to provide invoice and name as reference as well as forward a proof of payment to the booking confirmation email received from Safaria.
We don’t accept cash on the day of safari.
Please note that no cancellation fee will be charged against any overnight safari tour that is postponed and moved forward by 12 months. This is valid from 1 January 2021 until 31 January 2022
OVERNIGHT / MULTI DAY SAFARI TOURS
Please note that no cancellation fee will be charged against any overnight safari tour that is postponed and moved forward by 12 months. This is valid from 1 January 2021 until 31 January 2022.
Any booking that is cancelled after Safaria has received confirmation via email, deposit payment or the booking is paid in full, the following cancellation policy will be applied :
- We require full 100% payment prior to going on Safari.
- Bookings that are cancelled :
- 30 Days + notice = 10% non-refundable admin cancellation fee
- 16 to 29 days notice = 25% cancellation fee
- 8 to 15 days notice = 50% cancellation fee
- 1 to 7 day notice = 100% cancellation fee
- In the case of a cancellation where a 3rd party, Lodge, Destination or Operator is involved, such as accommodation, flights, transfer shuttles or coaches, the prevailing Lodge, destination or Operators cancellation policy will apply and will be facilitated by Safaria. Please note that this may take several weeks.
SAFARIA INSURANCE COVERAGE
Safaria Trading Pty Ltd t/a Safaria is a SATIB insured Safari operator that holds R20 million general liability coverage and R50 million personal libaility coverage for each activity / event.
GUEST TERMS & CONDITIONS OF ACCEPTANCE
On acceptance and payment of your Day Safari you willingly acknowledge and accept the following terms and conditions:
- I voluntarily agree to participate in the afore-mentioned activity arranged and provided by Safari Trading Pty Ltd and conducted in the Kruger National Park and surrounding areas. 2. My general health is good and there is nothing that renders me unfit to participate in the above mentioned activity. 3. I acknowledge that there are risks and dangers involved in the aforementioned activity. 4. I understand that I will/ may be transported by an Open Safari vehicle, which is open and exposed, and subject to the natural elements and road conditions. 5. I am aware of the hazards and distribution of malaria in Southern Africa and acknowledge that I will be entering a malaria area. 6. I am aware of the potential dangers of exposure to the sun – directly or indirectly – and that serious sunburn may result from unprotected exposure. 7. I accept Safaria Trading Pty Ltd as well as SANParks conditions of participation and I voluntarily assume the risk inherent in taking part in such a tour. I together with my heirs, executors and administrators hereby release Safaria Trading Pty Ltd, its officers, servants, agents and representatives, from any liability, in connection with my participation in any tour, and from any liability or claims that could accrue to me or my heirs, executors and administrators arising out of my participation in the tour or in any related activities irrespective of whether such claim or claims arose through the negligence of any person, or from any of the risks, dangers or hazards inherent in an African Safari tour, or of any loss of, or damage to, any property from any cause whatsoever and I further indemnify and hold harmless Safaria Trading Pty Ltd.